Monday, January 10, 2005

I LOVE PHILOSOPHY

GEM 1004. Reason n Persuasion Philosopy module.. go take it.. every sem i must haf at least one "interest" module.. sem 1 was CTW, sem 2 was Entre MArketing, sem 3 Econs, sem 4 will be R nP.. i think i realli me not suited for engineering.. I rather spend my time reading up other fac stuff than stupid boring engine modules.. R n P really makes me exercise my mind.. logically .. juz like living wif maths.. thinking modules.. wat I expect to learn in NUS.. sigh.. not regurgitation shit like MOSFET, BJT.. I lurve the postulations involved.. the opposite theorem.. capitalism vs communism.. religion vs science.. matter vs antimatter(Re: Angels n Demons) .. the nxt book I m reading will be Dale Carnegie’s books… How to win Frens n INFLUENCE people.. they say Dale is the anti thesis of Plato.. how one cannot juz take Plato’s words as rubbish.. but must read between the lines etc.. so deep.. got one point abt naiviety versus shrewdness.. so akin to my YEP scenario.. where I suggested tat Chicken rice could actually haf a “evil side”, tat she isn’t as simple as one thinks.. haha.. exactly the same as Plato.. beneath all the supposed naïve vibes tat Chicken emanates.. got deeper meaning siah.. anyway the lecturer also mentioned one interesting pt which I debated wif yiping.. HOW to win arguments.. the best way to win arguments is to avoid them.. wat is the point of proving the other party wrong in an argument.. you might be right eventually but u haf succeeded in making the other person feel bad n “stupid abt his mistke”.. a lose-lose scenario.. as wat yp said.. depends on whether the argument is worth it bah.. but I tend to like to bring across my point.. Influence .. wat a big n powerful word it is.. there were a lotta references to Greek methology too.. Troy vs Sparta vs Athens vs Persians vs Olympians.. then they had this olden system called ostracization.. super interesting lar.. I cant wait for the nxt lecture..

Tune in to by blog every Monday after 6 pm to get more anecdotes abt Philosophy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home