Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mixed up timings

FYP drama

I made LAP - Asst Head of studies go to an empty classroom for my fyp presentation. Well, as my fyp examiner, she went there promptly at 3 pm, seeing no one there, she walked back to office. I was v stun when Susan.Chia called me and asked when i am.. In doing so, my name became a household name with the pple that always email the ECE students. (Lilypng,susanachia).

Pls note email below. Your CA4 presentation was confirmed with you over the phone for 3.00 pm over the phone and via email(see below) after I had helped you to book a seminar room. You had read my email confirmation below as I had opted for a "read" receipt. And yet I do not understand why you had told Prof Loh that your presentation was 3.30 pm?> LP

<Pls note email below. I had booked the room for him and had informed him by phone of it and also followed up with the email below. I had also a "read" receipt from him for the below email. The reason I booked the room for him was because he had called me to ask for your available timeslots and said he has been given a room around E1A. I then told him I will book for him a room nearer to E4 block of which I did and then followed up with the said email confirmation.>>

Firstly, over the fone, she initially told me it was 330 hence i made a mental note n jotted it down too... apparently, in her eagerness to make sure that prof loh din have to WALK too FAR, she booked the room on my behalf when i said i could do it myself since there is an online system. 2ndly, i called up to ask where to hand in the thesis draft, not to book CA4 and i din say the e1A thingie cos i din even book any room. but since it was my fault that i din check the email properly and arrived at 310 pm, i decided to let it rest... prof loh was nice and merely said.. its ok.. its over liao.. carry on wif presentation.. but i supp susan went to gan lily..

the presentation went ok.. as she din have much time to shoot me since 4 pm there was another class n our Q n A was disrupted. But she really did read my whole thesis, as opposed to other examiners who din read... and said i din cross reference my figures.. she opposed my first method, and the 2nd method was pretty straight forward hence presenting it was quite ok to understand.. however, it went too short for my liking... i hope it wun affect my grades. but it is indeed a miracle that i survived the whole fyp procedure.. from piahing a thesis to writing a program in visual basic.. all this done in such short timing..

zhihong was after me, and his fyp presentation lasted 1 hr 5 mins.. twice of mine!! well , i guess i can be thankful that mine was disrupted? dunno gd or bad also..

DCS quiz drama

Past Announcement put quiz at 3 to 4 pm but normally is 2 to 4 pm lecture.. 145 pm i left house, thinking it is at 3 pm.. i call ksy he said he is at CCK on MRT.. then at 150 jiali call me say a lot of pple in LT.. at 159 pm she msg me say quiz starting... i had to rush there... and these 2 noobs edelene and ksy still thought me n yuanshuo playing prank on them by telling them start liao at 2... in the end, lucky the quiz had some past yr qns so still doable and could be done in a jiffy, but there was a bit of mix up over the a and the b which led to us finding xu jian xin again after the test...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home